Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Currently seeking kindhearted direct support service professionals to fill positions in the Bridgewater, Edison, New Brunswick, East Brunswick and New Jersey areas. The ideal candidate will have Direct Support Professional, Caregiver, or similar experience and be willing to go above and beyond in supporting clients.
Responsibilities of the Residential Program Supervisor
- Serve individuals, groups, and communities with special needs by the means of comprehensive care and individualized support services that will maximize their independence, empowerment, personal growth and quality of life.
- Provide care and support services to our clients with various health care needs in the areas of personal care, behavioral support, recreational and employment services.
- Provide support and training, including but not limited to, emotional support, physical support and monitoring, and development of life skills through training programs, all leading to increased independence and participation in community life for persons with developmental disabilities and/or other related disorders.
- Perform all duties in accordance with program protocols.
- Follow all program rules and regulations regarding resident/participant treatment protocols, supervision, and safety.
Requirements of the Direct Support Professional
- Minimum 1 year of Direct Support Professional, Caregiver, or similar experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid NJ Driver's license with a clean record
- DDD Training
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be able to travel about 30 miles for work
- Must be able to pass rigorous criminal background check and abuse registry checks
- Must have weekend availability
- Willing to go above and beyond in supporting clients
Compensation for the Direct Support ProfessionalThe starting pay is $16.00 to $18.00 hourly.
- Comprehensive benefits package with a choice of health plans that include medical, dental, vision, Life-insurance, a 401(k) investment package along with paid time off for all full-time/Part-time positions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000 - $40,000