Sr Account Specialist - Spasticity and Movement Disorders - Mobile, AL
Compensation: $148,380.00 - $125,210.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the world's most complex and critical conditions. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn .
***Covering Southern Alabama, pan handle of FL and Southern Mississippi up to Jackson and Meridian (MS)*** This territory will require 1-2 overnights/week.
The Account Specialist for Spasticity and Movement Disorders promotes BOTOX to community practices and health systems, with a focus on the focal spasticity and cervical dystonia indications and partners with the Account Specialist for Chronic Migraine counterparts for the promotion of the Chronic Migraine indication. Customer accounts may include community/private practices, community-based hospitals, academic medical centers, military treatment facilities, and Veteran's Affairs Medical Centers . The Account Specialist for Spasticity and Movement Disorders develops and maintains relationships within various departments and specialties such as neurology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, pain medicine, and pharmacy.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: % of Time or Importance
1. Promote BOTOX to meet/exceed sales goals in community/private practices as well as hospitals/health systems. 30%
2. Expert delivery of anatomical information and training, including the appropriate use of anatomical terminology to describe muscle attachments and their relationship to muscle function; describe how muscle function affects postures; describe/train muscle localization for injection. 25%
3. Provide BOTOX education and clinical/injection training for residents, fellows, pharmacy, and other key hospital personnel. 10%
4. Identify/uncover customer needs (training, clinical, operational, reimbursement) and address with appropriate Allergan resources. 10%
5. Continually analyze the business and develop/execute a business plan that will enable identification, training, and ongoing development of new BOTOX injectors and advocates. 10%
6. Collaborate with Account Specialist for Chronic Migraine and Account Specialist for Urology partners to promote BOTOX for approved indications and execute individual, department, or group resident/fellow trainings within hospital/health system accounts. 10%
7. Development of relationships within hospital pharmacies to deliver BOTOX education, training, and negotiation if necessary.QualificationsEducation and Experience
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree or higher is required
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience, preferably pharmaceutical, medical device/equipment, industry related
- Documented history of strong sales performance
- Experience selling in neurology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, or pain medicine sales is preferred
- Experience selling in academic medical center and/or DOD/VA Treatment Facilities is preferred
- Experience in managing a complex sell with multiple decision-makers is preferred
- Experience working with residents, fellows, and/or pharmacy managers is preferred
- Experience with Buy & Bill and/or Specialty Pharmacy products is preferred
- Experience selling in a clinical/technical/consultative sales role is preferred
- Ability to lift/pull 50-100 lb. training models
- Valid driver's license
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong 'Team Player' mentality and a successful history of working as an individual contributor within a collaborative team
- Strong desire to 'explore the unknown' and continuously enhance personal, professional, industry, and account knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish positive, productive customer and partner relationships
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong negotiation/problem resolution skills
- Ability to analyze business and create and execute an effective business plan
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage a large geographical territory and multiple accounts
- Ability to learn extensive and detailed anatomical, procedural, and clinical information quickly
- Ability to communicate/present/train anatomical (postures, muscle function, muscle attachments, muscle localization), procedural, and clinical information to a variety of audiences
- Ability to maintain effectiveness and positive outlook during changes in work tasks, structure, or environment
- Ability and willingness to meet necessary hospital credentialing/vaccination requirements
- Ability to travel adequately to cover territory, as well as overnight attendance at scheduled training events and sales meetings
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening test and meet safe driving requirements
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Associated topics: disease, healthcare, immunohematology, immunology, injury, microbiological, nutrition, pharmacy, physiologist, vaccine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...