The Nurse Practitioner will help implement a new care delivery model focused on a differentiated patient experience and provide the clinical oversight to the Wellness Center. In this capacity, the NP is responsible for meeting all clinical, administrative, and financial performance metrics. This position is responsible for implementing, delivering, and ensuring that the highest quality of patient centered care is delivered.
A nurse practitioner is an advanced practice nurse that helps with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations. They may work in both inpatient and outpatient situations and can perform independently or as part of a treatment team. Generally, nurse practitioners perform the important task of educating patients about preventative care and the prescribed treatments. They may also conduct physicals, order tests and serve as a patient's primary healthcare provider. Some NPs are also able to prescribe medications.
Primary care nurse practitioners are generalists who work in family health clinics or hospitals. They provide general and preventative care, conduct check-ups, treat illnesses, order lab tests and prescribe medication for children and adults.
* Provide patient centered, comprehensive primary care services consistent with the patient centered medical home care delivery model.
* Participate in the selection of suitable treatment plans for all patients.
* Assist other care providers and extended care teams to comply with the Wellness Center's patient care practices, policies, and procedures.
* Participate in the selection of cost-effective treatment modalities.
* Provide continuous availability for medical and technical questions to the employees, patient care staff, and ancillary care providers including after hours coverage.
* Collaborate with the Crossover Health management team as needed to ensure improvement of patient care.
* Cooperate with clinical outcome reviews and measurements as may be established by Crossover Health.
* Provides general medical care and treatment to patients in medical facility, such as clinic, health center, or public health agency, under direction of physician: Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of physician.
* Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
* Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
* Discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
* Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by physician.
* Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
* May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
* The Nurse Practitioner is required to be a board-certified, New York-licensed NP with a minimum of 5-7 years of professional clinical experience in internal medicine or family practice.
* Proficient in promoting the clinic and comfortable in public speaking and education settings.
THE IDEAL OPPORTUNITY
This is an exceptional opportunity for a strong Nurse Practitioner to be part of the new Health Center in New York City. You will also be a part of the larger social mission of Crossover Health in creating next generation care. Crossover trains our team members to perform their jobs superbly, and creates environments where they can flourish. Ultimately, our culture breeds success, and rewards it in many different ways. Our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to delight the customer. When you join the Crossover Team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to changing health care and creating the most memorable and rewarding experiences for our patients. We are changing the world and want someone like you to help us. Come be a part of our revolution as we help our patients, \"be well, do good and enjoy life\".
Associated topics: assistant cna, board, cna, english, family medicine, gerontological nurse practitioner, midwife, nurse specialist, ob, spanish
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...