Manager, Competitive Intelligence, Science and Regulatory - Bernards (Somerset)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Manager, Competitive Intelligence, Science and RegulatoryJoin a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a \"Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology,\" Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.Job Summary:
Support Global Science and Regulatory CI activities by proactively reporting competitive intelligence and bringing strategic insights that will reduce uncertainties and help guide optimal business decisions. Primary information liaison to translational medicine, clinical, regulatory, quality, business development and U.S. corporate functions. Responsibilities:
- Legally and ethically help monitor, gather, analyze, and communicate actionable, reliable intelligence on the competitive environment as it relates to Daiichi Sankyo science and business functions.
- Ensure appropriate intelligence is identified, captured and disseminated throughout the organization including regular intelligence briefings and early warning alerts; must be proficient with communicating results to leadership.
- Partner and work in close collaboration with other members of business development, regulatory affairs, clinical, translational medicine, U.S. Corporate functions to understand business CI needs and maintain up to date key intelligence topics.
- Construct expert search strategies for alerting, perform ad hoc expert searching on demand.
- Create dashboards / landscapes, visualize and customize data deliverables.
- Partner with library team members and related functions (i.e. Market Research) to continually learn and inspire others in the spirit of continuous improvement and sharing of Competitive Intelligence insights.
- Ability to participate in early morning or late evening teleconferences with international colleagues
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.Education/Experience:
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; Bachelor's Degree in a life science required. Master's Degree or Ph.D. in a life science or Library Science preferred
- Competitive Intelligence Certification a plus
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a competitive intelligence or equivalent function
- Experience in working in a multicultural, multidisciplinary global environment
- Have ability to work at a high level in matrixed environment with many cross-functional partners
- Strong ability to search for targeted information in many different platforms, such as PubMed, OVID, Cortellis, EvaluatePharma, BioMedTracker, taScan, Citeline, etc.
- Experience with CI vendors / tools such as AlphaSense, Fletcher/CSI, FactSet, Refinitiv, Cipher, etc.
- Must be self-driven, with demonstrated leadership in the support of projects
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills -- capability to interact and effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills; must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to deliver results and insights in a timely manner to Key Stakeholders
- PC literate including Word, PowerPoint, advanced Excel and Tableau or BizInt skills
- Technology literate including WebEx, GoToMeeting
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job Title
Manager, Competitive Intelligence, Science and RegulatoryCity
Basking RidgeFunctional Area
Corporate Finance State
Associated topics: antibody, aseptic, clinical, dietetic, food, industrial hygienist, kinesiology, pharmacology, therapy, trauma
Loading some great jobs for you...