Devereux PA Adult Services provides care and residential living to nearly 400 adults with intellectual and developmental challenges in homes, apartments and a long-term care community in southeastern Pennsylvania. (Chester, Montgomery & Delaware Counties) Our dedicated team of 600 staff, ranging from highly-specialized clinicians and nurses to recreational and direct staff professionals, all work to one common goal the happiness, self-fulfillment and social integration of each adult in our community.
Devereux Adult Services is seeking compassionate, caring and responsible Direct Support Staff to provide supervision and assistance to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities who live on our main campus in Berwyn or houses and apartments in community and neighborhoods throughout Southeastern PA. We are seeking Full Time and Part Time positions to work varying shifts of 7-3pm; 3-11pm and 11pm-7am. Most positions will require some weekend rotations. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys caring for others and has the ability to be patient and deal with challenging behaviors. Some of our clients are very independent, while others will require much assistance with activities such as bathing, toileting and dressing. Part of the role of a Direct Support Staff is to treat individuals with respect and dignity. Because these are positions within the community, driving Devereux vehicles is an essential function of the position. You may be transporting clients to medical apointments, grocery store, recreational activities, etc. Some of the specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensure Individuals are safe, healthy, and living in a clean environment;
- Assist and support in the planning, implementation, and documentation of programs designed to meet the social, emotional, physical, and personal needs of Individuals;
- Assist, support, and instruct Individuals in self-help skills designed to encourage independence;
- Accompany Individuals on community life outings, medical appointments, and other activities, as indicated;
- Other duties include: meal preparation, room care and personal hygiene.
Loading some great jobs for you...