First Children Services is actively recruiting for per diem Behavior Technicians. Our Behavior Technicians work directly with a child diagnosed with autism and their family to implement the behavior plan designed by our BCBA in home, school and/or clinic settings.
The Behavior Technician will:
* build a rapport with the child.
* work with child and family on the goals set forth in the behavior plan.
* teach new skills.
* manage behaviors, including physical and self-injurious behaviors.
* observe and record progress.
Our per diem Behavior Technicians are eligible for:
* RBT Certification
* Safety Care and CPR/First Aid Training
* Employee Referral bonuses for referring qualified employees
* Flexible work schedule
* Genuine interest in working with children with autism.
* Ability to move/restrain clients ages 1.5 to 18 years old using correct safety procedures
* Patience, problem-solving skills, discretion, ability to think on your feet, creativity
* Ability to work well with others and be an effective part of a treatment team
* Ability to work equally well independently
* Strong interpersonal and writing skills
* Access to reliable transportation; valid NJDL, willingness to travel
* Availability between the hours of 4PM and 8PM and weekends
* Minimum of 60 college credits, bachelor's degree preferred, in psychology, special education or related fields
* 1+ years of experience working with children on the autism spectrum.
First Children Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.