Professional Education Accreditation Specialist
Professional Education Department
Reporting to the Director, Accreditation & Compliance, the Professional Education Accreditation Specialist will ensure that HSS Professional Education activities follow the Hospital's internal procedures and satisfy the accreditation and compliance policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the standard for all professional education activities provided by HSS, in addition to the policies of overseeing bodies for relevant professions such as Physical Therapists, Physician Assistants and Certified Athletic Trainers. The Specialist's responsibilities will include activities of diverse formats, such as on-site courses, Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS), live streaming programs, on-demand/enduring content, and printed and online journals.
The Professional Education Accreditation Specialist is responsible for a range of functions including curriculum development, faculty communication and management and reporting. S/he will collaborate with internal and external Activity Directors, planning committees and faculty, colleagues in Education Marketing and Digital Communications and others within Professional Education to advance HSS as the most trusted educator.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, select \"front-end\" activity planning functions that include application preparation, faculty communication and management, financial disclosure and conflict of interest resolution:
* Create and maintain required activity documentation and other materials to assure compliance with requirements of ACCME and other regulatory bodies, such as the NYS Dept. of Education and the BOC.
* Complete CME applications and Program Request Forms for enduring materials, journal articles, Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS) and Rehab Grand Grounds.
* Also complete as-needed applications to third party regulatory bodies, like state-specific boards for Physical Therapy.
* Assist Activity Directors and Service Coordinators in terms of resolving faculty conflicts, scheduling speakers and preparing required materials.
* Coordinate HSS-wide M&M Conferences by collaborating with Quality Department to select cases and communicating to faculty presenters.
* Collect relevant consents, such as patient consents, as needed.
* Steer Activity Director(s) and Planning Committee members in the collaborative development of activities that are balanced, independent and objective and align with clinician interests.
* Oversee faculty communication that includes implementation of the disclosure process and generation of confirmation letters that relate HSS policies about content, honoraria, travel and expense reimbursement, if relevant.
* Develop activity evaluation to capture learner change data and overall perception of activities.
* Coordinate RSS activities by conducting twice yearly audits, distributing CME transcripts, producing multi-year review sheets.
* Prepare registration materials (sign-in sheets, scanners, CME Information Pages) for the Visiting Professor Lecture Series and HSS-wide M&M Conferences.
* Collate data on activities (completion rate, success in meeting objectives, solvency) and deliver reports to HSS leadership.
* Provides on-site support for Professional Education on-site and live streaming activities as needed.
* Assist with CME Committee agenda and minutes.
The qualified candidate will
* Possess strong written and verbal communication skills and strict attention to detail.
* Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, online survey management tools, learning management systems and other computer software programs.
* Be professional, proactive and experienced communicating with executive management.
* Have familiarity with healthcare academia or knowledge/experience in a CME accredited setting.
* Hold at minimum a bachelor's degree in a related discipline (e.g., Health Education, Public Health, Health Communication, Health Technology).
* Have some professional experience in a related field.
Full-time. Some weekends/evenings required.
Associated topics: diabetes, kinesiology, medical, medicine, occupational therapy, pathophysiology, pulmonary, rheumatologist, surgery, trauma
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...