- Melmark New England
430 Leopard Rd
Assist residents who have been diagnosed with autism, intellectual/developmental disabilities and acquired brain injury with activities of daily living and assist in implementing prescribed teaching plans for residents. Provide safe and consistent supervision of residents in accordance with their treatment plans. Ensure all care and service are delivered in a climate of normalization, dedication, caring and concern, and ensure all activities and interactions are designed to foster growth and development to each individual's highest level of accomplishment.
In addition, the Lead Residential Aide will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
1. Ensures all direct client care responsibilities are completed and active treatment is occurring during shift.
2. Checks daily on general health, hygiene and physical appearance of each resident. Ensures all residents are bathed and appropriately groomed daily. Ensures resident clothing is neat, clean and appropriate. Promptly reports any concerns to the manager.
3. Ensures appropriate level of supervision is maintained for individuals at all times.
4. Inventories house supplies on a weekly basis and reports any supply needs to Manager in a timely manner. Ensures minimum supply levels are maintained at all times.
5. Oversees resident meals to ensure they are prepared in accordance with the established menu and safe cooking practices.
6. Completes Mealtime Training Routine in a Family Style manner. Encourages quiet mealtime conversations. Adheres to eating precaution plans and special diets as ordered.
7. Reviews the Activities Schedule on a daily basis and ensures activities take place as planned. Notifies manager when circumstances may prevent or scheduled activities from occurring.
8. Reviews staffing schedules and notifies manager when required staffing levels are not maintained. Upon request from manager, assists with finding additional staff coverage.
9. Conducts a daily review to ensure all required documentation is completed for the shift. Review compliance by the end of the shift to ensure documentation is being completed and report any concerns to Manager.
10. Conduct Lead Staff rounds on a weekly basis and document as required.
11. Provide on-site orientation and mentoring for new staff. Work with Manager and Q/PS to provide ongoing training for current staff.
12. Assist with interviewing and hiring new staff upon request. Attend job fairs when requested.
13. Shares positive feedback with staff via Applause Cards and informs manager of positive feedback shared.
14. Notifies manager of any potential concerns regarding staff performance or conduct in a timely manner.
15. Coordinates appropriate access to purchasing cards for house and client needs.
16. Maintains cleanliness and order of facility, resident area and closets/drawers. Reports any need for facility repairs to Manager immediately.
17. Reviews vehicle maintenance weekly and report any issues or need for vehicle repair immediately to Manager.
18. Assists with conducting fire safety/drills according to regulatory requirements as needed. Ensure fire safety regulatory compliance.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
? High school diploma or equivalency. Some college credit is preferred but not required.
? A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a direct care position.
? Must possess strong communication skills both written and oral. Strong interpersonal skills required.
? Must successfully complete Advanced Safety Care, ABA Training, Medication Administration, Approved Driver and CPR Training.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...