New York, New York
Day (United States of America)
Women's Health Nurses Make It Possible
Lactation Consultant - Per Diem - Postpartum - Days
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, Women's Health nurses have created a supportive, compassionate environment for all phases of ante- through postpartum care. With over 12,000 births annually, we're the experienced and caring team families count on for successful outcomes. Mothers and babies start their journey here with expert nurses at their side and the finest resources at their command.
At Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, the home of the first center in the U.S. for pregnant moms at risk, we are focused on our patients' outcomes every step of the way. Each of our nurses dares to be truly excellent - thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we work together to provide the best possible care to each individual patient's needs.
From obstetrics and gynecology to ante- and postpartum care, our nurses specialize in a myriad of Women's Health areas. With record high patient and employee satisfaction scores, we're offering an incredible culture of respect and nurse autonomy.
The Lactation Consultant is responsible for the direct provision of effective and comprehensive nursing care to patients and their significant others. Facilitates professional nursing practice by virtue of his/her clinical expertise and teaching abilities and acts as a preceptor for new staff and students by providing them with a professional role model. Lactation Specialist will educate staff and patients and will support QA and QI initiatives.
This is a per diem days position at New York-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital.
* RN experience in women's health or NICU, including lactation experience
* Bachelors Degree in Nursing
* Current New York State License as a Registered Nurse (or willingness to obtain)
* Certified Lactation Consultant from International Board Certified Lactation Consultant Board (IBCLC)
* Minimum of 2 years of related clinical experience
* BCLS certification
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
* #1 in New York, \"America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020.\" - U.S.News & World Report
* 2019 \"Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.\" - Glassdoor
* 2019 \"Employees' Choice: Top CEOs\" - Glassdoor
* 2019 \"America's Best Employers in New York State\" - Forbes
* 2019 \"150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.\" - Becker's Healthcare
* 2018 \"Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals\" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: activity therapist, clinician, inpatient, lactation, lactation consultant, movement therapist, physical, rehab, therapist assistant, therapist outpatient
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...