Compensation: $31,180.00 - $41,100.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
The Cook II position will require you to prep, set up the hot line, cold line, and cook food to order from the established menu while keeping your work area and kitchen safe, clean, and sanitary. You will be working in all aspects of food preparation.
Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Providing and maintaining high quality standards and procedures in preparing and serving all food and ensuring that all food quality meets specifications and guarantees.
- Regularly restocking all kitchen supplies and food items required for service ensuring all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out philosophy. Confirm all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated areas.
- Maintaining a solid menu knowledge and of all food products and skillfully applying culinary techniques with attention to detail regarding plate presentation and preparation.
- Cleaning of all equipment, tools, and supplies and maintaining equipment in good working order while following all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division, department and County health department.
- Following all procedures and policies set forth by the company, division and department while having a solid knowledge, understanding and preparation of base sauces and stocks.
- Work as a team and effectively communicate with management and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other associates.
- 2 Years minimum experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of sanitation practices, weights and measures, and various cooking techniques.
- Must possess good attitude, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills and an in-depth knowledge of Spirits, Wine and Food are required
- Must be able to comprehend the oral and verbal English language with the ability to read, measure and execute recipes.
- Equipment knowledge to include, but not limited to a slicing machine, juicer, CR Yovac machine, small wares equipment, oven, grill/stove burners, microwave appliances, brazier, steam kettles.
Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks. Must be physically able to lift and carry heavy trays and equipment as well as delicate china and glassware. Up to 50 lbs. Also, you must be physically able to walk without assistance on various surfaces for an extended period of time. This position requires manual dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, and climbing.
More detail about Ninety Acres Restaurant, please visit
Associated topics: baking, cocinera de la parrilla, cocinera de la preparacion, commercial kitchen, dinner, prep, prep cook, roasting, salad, station
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...