P.J. Keating Company, a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and CRH is the company for you! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
The Assistant Construction Manager is a skilled position requiring the individual to manage a variety of functions related to the overall support and safety of the P.J. Keating Co. construction operations team.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Assure that company operations are conducted according to highest standards in regard to safety performance, employee relations, environmental, quality products and workmanship, ethical standards, community relations, production levels, and profitability expectations.
* Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
* Ensure that construction best practices, performance tools, and scorecards are accurate and utilized to enhance quality and performance.
* Consult with clients, vendors and others to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
* Follow strict daily job costing protocols and drive performance through active management.
* Coordinate schedules and resources with area managers and paving/milling manager.
* Performance scores on all DOT Projects.
* Identify projects to pursue
* Understand plans and specifications.
* Accurate daily progress and subcontractor responsibility.
* Responsible for verifying and approving time, as well as scheduling of labor/equipment according to job needs.
* Coordinate and communicate with other lines of business (transportation, aggregates, asphalt, etc.)
* Drive for results in construction that improve safety, increase performance, and grow profitability
* Other duties as assigned per supervisor
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Five or more years related experience and/or training. Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or other related field or an equivalent of education and experience.
* Estimating, Project Management, Quality Control, and Supervisory experience preferred.
* Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clearly and effectively. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, common fractions, and decimals. Some linear algebra & differential equations
* To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Manages difficult or emotional customer and or employee situations; Responds promptly to customer and or employee needs; Solicits feedback to improve service; Meets commitments.
* Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
* Makes themselves available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
* Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk, and stand.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus and operate various pieces of equipment.
What CRH Americas Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.