P.J. Keating Company, a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and CRH is the company for you! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Oversee and assist Equipment Manager with day to day tasks involving equipment rentals, equipment data control, equipment lists, inventory control, work order organization, and general office duties as assigned. This position requires a heavy amount of computer work. Proficient Microsoft office skills, including Excel and data knowledge are required.
Greets and assists salesman/visitors and receives calls for the company, determines nature of business, and directs callers to destination.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Work Orders/Data Entry:
* Coordinate with equipment manager and accounting on equipment data set ups.
* Maintain and update Equipment data with in CMMS computer system.
* Create work orders with in the CMMS as needed for all equipment being repaired in either the field or the shop via computer system.
* Assist equipment manager with data entry of vehicle condition reports (LMP-68) regarding mileage/hour meter updates and repairs needed.
* Maintain work order and vehicle condition report files.
* Strong Communicate with equipment manager and mechanic team on work orders close outs.
* Assist equipment manager as needed with planning and scheduling shop work load.
Rental Purchasing and Filing:
* Coordinate & Create, via computer system, purchase orders of rentals being ordered.
* Update purchase orders when items are received.
* Rental Tracking
* Assist in retrieval and distribution of parts as needed between shops and/or jobs via company vehicle.
* Maintain required purchase order files as required.
* Research and order rentals as to ensure acquired in a timely manner.
* Assist with other administrative duties as required.
* Maintain inventory of required parts/supplies as determined by equipment manager.
* Maintain cleanliness and organization of inventory / parts rooms as required.
* Assist in general housekeeping items as requested by equipment manager.
Adhere to any and all state and federal regulations, if applicable, as set forth by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), or any other regulatory agency.
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
* Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
* Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
* Report to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
* Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
* Strict adherence to company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* High school diploma of general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* A valid driver's license.
* Ability to use a computer to create and manage work orders, time cards, email, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This chart outlines the physical requirements necessary to perform the duties of this job.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
0 ? 10 lbs
10 ? 25 lbs
25 ? 50 lbs
50 ? 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This chart outlines the potential work environment the employees may be exposed to while performing the duties of this job.
Exposed to Noise
Exposed to High Heat
Working with Others
What CRH Americas Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 2, 2019
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Job Segment: Data Entry, Administrative
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.