P.J. Keating Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
You will report directly to the Paving Manager. Our core values are safety, quality and integrity in everything we do. All P.J. Keating employees are expected to partner with associates and management of P.J. Keating Company to coordinate, support, and actively promote our safety processes. You will establish key internal relationships to help ensure safety continues to be embedded in the culture of our Company.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Ensure the safety of crew members and the public on all projects.
* Communicate daily with the Project Manager and Superintendent to determine workload and to facilitate scheduling of personnel and equipment.
* Coordinate, with Project Manager, the hourly production needs and trucking adjustments.
* Coordinate with Quality Control for material changes and compaction requirements.
* Set-up grade control systems, GPS Grade Control, and coordinate with grader operator.
* Must be able to operate GPS systems.
* Supervise and direct personnel and general interaction with other staff including managers.
* Identify and resolve regulatory, safety, state, personnel, and production problems, either directly or indirectly, in a timely and effective manner.
* Study and follow all applicable regulations affecting production, safety, environmental, state, federal, and company policies; ensure observance of such regulations and permit conditions.
* Ensure work area is kept in neat, clean, tidy, and safe condition.
* Perform tasks related to storage, inspection, handling, and transportation, clean up, of hazardous materials and hazardous waste according to regulations as required.
* Strive to obtain optimum production in a safe manner.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent.
* 5 years Grade Control Experience
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Ability to follow directions.
* Display a professional and courteous attitude towards co-workers, supervisors, and general public at all times.
* Ability to interact with customers, sub-contractors, other employees, and different levels of management.
* Must be willing to work overtime, nights and/or weekends when necessary.
* Be flexible in regards to daily start time and able to work overtime on short notice.
* Must be willing to travel to other production facilities, construction projects, or training classes.
* Be goal oriented and a self-starter, possess a strong work ethic and be able to work independently with limited supervision.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires an employee to lift:
0 ? 10 lbs.
10 ? 25 lbs.
25 ? 50 lbs.
50 ?100 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
* Regularly works within an office environment.
* Frequently works near moving construction equipment and moving mechanical parts.
* Frequently works outside and is regularly exposed to extreme heat or cold, wet or dry conditions, and airborne dust and particles.
* The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud and may require protective equipment.
Exposed to Noise
Exposed to High Heat
Working With Others
Personal Protective Equipment
The employee WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, hard hat, reflective safety vest and pants, safety glasses and/or face shield, safety (hard-toe) footwear, ear plugs and/or muffs, long sleeves, pants, and gloves.
What Oldcastle Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability
P.J. Keating Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers? network.