- Oldcastle, Inc.
- $74,175.00 -134,290.00/year*
154 Lancaster Ave
QC Materials Technician- Lunenburg, MA
Lunenburg, MA, US, 01462
PJ Keating Co
Job ID: 147624
P.J. Keating Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
This position is responsible for coordinating the collection and testing of materials for construction projects including aggregates, hot mix asphalt, soils sampling, core sampling, nuclear density testing, laboratory testing, and mix design.
You will report directly to the Quality Manager. Our core values are safety, quality and integrity in everything we do. All P.J. Keating employees are expected to partner with associates and management of P.J. Keating Company to coordinate, support, and actively promote our safety processes. You will establish key internal relationships to help ensure safety continues to be embedded in the culture of our Company.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Ensure the safety of crew members and the public on all projects.
* Obtain samples and perform tests on raw materials and finished products in accordance with established test methods and protocols.
* Record and analyze test results to identify quality problems and recommend solutions.
* Read charts and graphs to identify trends or inconsistencies in production.
* Read and interpret project specifications.
* Work closely with the site manager to adjust production processes to meet supply demands while maintaining the highest level of quality.
* Work closely with production staff and equipment operators to ensure best practices are followed in all phases of production.
* Provide product samples and/or technical data to customers.
* Respond to customer complaints, both internal and external.
* Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.
* Ensure lab cleanliness and safety standards are upheld.
* Ability to make independent decisions as needed.
* All other duties as assigned.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent.
* 2+ years of previous construction or materials testing experience preferred.
* NETTCP HMA Plant and NETTCP Paving Inspector Certifications preferred.
* Basic computer skills required. Knowledge of Excel and Word strongly preferred.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to document data and interpret graphs and charts.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, staff, customers, agencies, and the general public.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Display a professional and courteous attitude towards co-workers, supervisors, and general public at all times.
* Ability to interact with customers, sub-contractors, other employees, and different levels of management.
* Must be willing to work nights and/or weekends when necessary.
* Be flexible in regards to daily start time and able to work overtime on short notice.
* Must be willing to travel to other production facilities, construction projects, or training classes. Valid driver's license REQUIRED.
* Be goal oriented and a self-starter, possess a strong work ethic and be able to work independently with limited supervision.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a MUST.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
* Talk and hear.
* Sit, walk and stand for periods of time. Frequently climb. Occasionally stoop or kneel.
* Able to reach with hands and arms. Use hand to feel and handle objects and controls.
* Use a computer for extended periods of time.
* Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
This position requires an employee to lift:
0 - 10 lbs.
10 - 25 lbs.
25 - 50 lbs.
50 -100 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
* Regularly works within an office environment.
* Frequently works near moving construction equipment and moving mechanical parts.
* Frequently works outside and is regularly exposed to extreme heat or cold, wet or dry conditions, and airborne dust and particles.
* The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud and may require protective equipment.
Exposed to Noise
Exposed to High Heat
Working With Others
Personal Protective Equipment
The employee WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, hard hat, reflective safety vest and pants, safety glasses and/or face shield, safety (hard-toe) footwear, ear plugs and/or muffs, long sleeves, pants, and gloves.
What Oldcastle Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
P.J. Keating Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers? network.
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2019
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Job Segment: Technician, Supply, Technology, Operations
Associated topics: analyst, buyer, buying, contract, procure, purchase, shipping, saving, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...