- Oldcastle, Inc.
154 Lancaster Ave
Tack Truck Driver Mid/Central Mass
Lunenburg, MA, US, 01462
PJ Keating Co
Postal/Zip Code: 01462
P.J. Keating Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Drives tack or distributer truck with capacity of 3,000 gallons, to transport emulsion to and from destinations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The criteria for evaluation in this position include but are not limited to the following:
* Drive truck to destination in a safe and efficient manner.
* Assist crew with other tasks when not operating distribution truck.
* Maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor on the job, as well as directing paving trucks to job site.
* Responsible for loading truck for emulsion tank.
* Responsible for applying emulsion to road surface prior to paving.
* Adhere to policies and procedures as outlined in the PJK safety manuals.
* Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations.
* Responsible for daily pre-trip inspection of truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water.
* Individual must possess a CDL A License with tank and hazmat endorsement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
* Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
* Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
* Report to assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at designated start time.
* Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental Health and Safety Manual.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
* Superior communications and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) essential both within the internal project team and externally with subcontractors, labor force, officials, etc.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one settings and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
* Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
* Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
Personal Protective Equipment
* Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and construction areas as outlined by OSHA, MSHA, and state agencies.
* Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position: Hardhat, safety glasses, face shield, welding helmet, reinforced toed shoes, hand protection, respirator, air monitor, reflective safety vest and pants.
* The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position requires an employee to lift:
0 - 10 lbs
10 - 25 lbs
25 - 50 lbs
50 - 100 lbs
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and heat. The employee frequently works outside and has exposure to some vibration.
* The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to moderately high.
Exposed to Noise
Exposed to High Heat
Working with Others
What Oldcastle Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
P.J. Keating Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers? network.
Date Posted: Aug 10, 2019
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Job Segment: Welding, Manufacturing
Associated topics: dispatcher, fleet, fleet management, handler, management, manager trainee, service manager, supervisor, technician, union
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...