P.J. Keating Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Responsible for project sign placement and maintenance, including proper set up and relocation of construction sign packages.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Discusses traffic routing plans, type and location of control points with supervisor on a daily basis.
* Insure that all sign materials (signs, cones, barrels, arrowboards, message boards, paddles, etc.) are on site are set up in a timely manner. Safe and timely repositioning of signs, cones, arrowboards, and message boards, etc. when necessary.
* General maintenance of arrow boards and message boards: checking oil, batteries, fuel and service due stickers daily; follow up with appropriate paperwork.
* Insure safe and orderly dismantle of sign materials and job clean up at day's end.
* Strong communications with paving personnel, subcontractors and project manager during the operations.
* Must have a strong working knowledge of construction sign/traffic control requirements (State and Federal), as well as proper operation of arrowboards and message boards.
* Familiarity with a flagperson's duties and responsibilities to assist as necessary with flagging needs.
* Be familiar with and ensure proper and timely completion of equipment/vehicle condition report
* Provide flagpersons with necessary breaks during the course of the day, while ensuring the worksite post has proper coverage during the break time.
* Ability to read blueprints and associated layout.
* Ability to follow directions.
* Responsible for being equipped with proper tools required, including hand held radios, stop/slow paddles, safety vest and proper company uniform.
* Ability to operate two way radios (company radio and/or hand held radio) in a courteous and professional manner, and follow instructions from co-workers.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Perform general laboring duties as required, including raking, shoveling, etc.
* Be able to haul and back with a trailer as well as load and unload equipment.
* Adhere to any and all state and federal regulations, if applicable, as set forth by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), or any other regulatory agency.
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
* Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
* Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
* Report to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
* Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Planning, assigning, and directing work.
* Addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely manner.
* Lead by example.
* Ability to get work done through others using effective delegation, scheduling, and time management practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* 5 years of experience preferred
* ATSSA Certification preferred
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Must possess a valid driver's license and dependable transportation to and from the job site.
* Possess a working knowledge of state and federal construction sign/traffic control requirements and traffic routing plans.
* Must have a working knowledge of a flag person's duties and the willingness to perform them on an as needed basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This chart outlines the physical requirements necessary to perform the duties of this job.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
0 ? 10 lbs
10 ? 25 lbs
25 ? 50 lbs
50 ? 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. Traffic patterns and traveling public are included in work environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This chart outlines the potential work environment the employees may be exposed to while performing the duties of this job.
Exposed to Noise
Exposed to High Heat
Working With Others
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
P.J. Keating Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers? network.