- Stoneridge Retirement
- $57,270.00 -79,620.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
340 N Locust St
Full Time Dietary Supervisor Position Available
Applies moderate technical skills appropriate for the position. Adapts procedures, processes, tools equipment and techniques to meet the requirements of the position. Applies knowledge of department policies and procedures and utilizes a general understanding of other departments' functions. Ability to effectively communicate policies and procedures in a manner easily understood by fellow team members. Works under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
Major Responsibilities, Duties, Functions, and Tasks of the Position
* Serves as a working lead supervisor coordinating activities of team members engaged in the food service operation providing the highest quality of service to customers at all times
* Assumes accountability of proper record keeping (HACCP logs, all temperature logs, cleaning lists, test trays, meal rounds).
* Assumes accountability of daily functions within the department to ensure resident satisfaction and DOH/DPW compliance
* Maintains Geri Menu System, where applicable, as current and accurate for HC residents. Actions include diet changes, room changes, preference changes, adaptive equipment, printing tray tickets and production records, inputting new, special and holiday menus with extensions meeting the standards and nutritional integrity maintained through RD
* Visits new and returning residents HC/PC, where applicable, gather information on preferences, enter all new information into Geri Menu system
* Maintains PC resident menu selector sheets (Poplar Run only)
* Updates HC/PC resident needs, inform and educate when needed, observe DR service.
* Meet clinical requirements on a daily basis ie: Communicate information to R.D., diet audits, care planning, MDS information, attend morning meetings
* Conducts interview and hiring process for dietary aide team members
* Completes work schedules for dietary aide team members
* Completes reviews of team members in accordance to policy and procedure
* Coordinates and implements special functions with the activity department, organization of function sheets, function book, posting board and communicating to necessary staff
* Assists in planning seasonal, holiday and special event menus for review by RD, may assist with the execution of catering functions in house and outside the facility.
* Leads training programs specific to the dietary aides i.e.: Orientation, HC/PC Five Star Training, food and physical safety. Actively recognizes the team for the value they bring.
* Performs day to day assignments in addition to lead duties, may assist in kitchen/DR when needed
* Immediately report resident related care concerns about treatment or abuse to the Department Supervisor as well as the Executive Director of the facility
* Interact with Team Members, Residents, and Guests in a courteous and professional manner
* Be accountable for all information in the Team Member Handbook
* Maintain confidentiality of resident, Team Member, family and facility information
* Understand and upholds Resident Rights
* Follow each Residents Plan of Care
* Follow oral and written instructions for all duties assigned and performed in an effective, timely and professional manner
* Complete assigned tasks in accordance with organization, facility, and department procedures
* Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Use supplies in an efficient and cost effective manner
* Ensure equipment is treated with proper care and is used only for the purposes and in accordance for which it was designed to be used for
* Follow facility reporting guidelines for any equipment that is not functioning properly or is need of repair
* Use Infection control practices, including Standard Precautions, to prevent the spread of diseases
* Maintain cleanliness of work area
* Perform preventative and corrective maintenance tasks, as directed
* Complete all documentation per facility protocol and Standards of Practice
* Follow all IT protocols, including submission of Sysaids, for all technology related issues
* Answer call bells and assist as able
StoneRidge Retirement Living
7 West Park Ave.
Myerstown, PA 17067
Associated topics: dairy, dietary, dietician, exercise, food, headstart, icf mr, nutrition, nutritionist, wic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...