Poplar Run and Town Centre Personal Care Administrator
440 East Lincoln Avenue
Myerstown, PA 17067
This is a hands-on, working position and will oversee the day-to-day operations at both communities in Myerstown - StoneRidge Towne Centre and StoneRidge Poplar Run.
The Director of Environmental Services is responsible for managing the maintenance and custodial departments and provides a comfortable, safe and clean environment for team members, visitors, and residents.
Major Responsibilities, Duties, and Functions of the Position:
Essential Functions of the Position:
* Maintain a working knowledge and compliance with facility and departmental policy and procedures to include, but not limited to: Team Member Handbook, MSDS, corporate compliance, HIPPA, and disaster preparedness
* Continuously evaluate the labor component, capital opportunity and supply costs to effectively prepare and manage the operating and capital budgets.
* Be knowledgeable and have a working understanding of the Federal, State, and local regulations that govern the department
* Develop corporate SOP's for cleaning, disinfecting and equipment usages across all communities.
* Develop and execute audit procedures to determine effectiveness of cleaning protocols via weekly visits of the communities.
* Assist with regulatory inspections of the facility
* Responsible to purchase and maintain appropriate inventories of supplies and equipment.
* Maintain a continuous knowledge of the senior living industry through on-going education.
* Hire, supervise, discipline, lead, and motivate department Team Members
* Manages Team Members work assignments using the department master schedules
* Responsible to orient team members to SOP's and manage personnel according to company policy.
* Responsible for survey results relative to the departments at all communities.
* Follow oral and written instructions.
* Have a working knowledge of supervised Team Members duties and maintain a system to ensure proper evaluations can be completed
* Must be able to mediate and resolve problems
* Ensure proper utilization of labor within the department using software and reports provided
* Oversee department payroll and timecard approval
* Maintain accurate, legible, and concise records
* Maintain compliance with facility policy and procedures relevant to both departmental specific and team member established guidelines
* Must be willing to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the resident and Team Members as a condition of employment
* Must be calm and collected when responding to emergency matters
* Attends all facility meetings, as assigned or requested by Sr. Management or Sr. Leadership
* Develop and promote, through various initiatives, the strategic goals of the organization and department
* Foster communication within the community to create an environment of transparency
* Assist in the development, implementation, and enforcement of policies and procedures that are necessary to successfully manage resident care and foster exceptional team member relationships
* Promotes and maintains a positive relationship with the medical community
* Handles complaints from families
* Attends conferences, seminars, programs and obtains CEU's for license requirements or to enhance individual knowledge of the industry, based on budgetary approval
* Identifies , participates and communicates opportunities for performance/process improvement to the Executive Director
* Participates in performance improvement as needed
* Maintain proper supply and repair parts inventories
* Identify, report to administration and schedule repair of any equipment malfunction.
* Develops and implement maintenance schedules for all areas of the facilities
* Assist executive director in creating plan of correction for any survey deficiencies
* Implement plan of correction for any deficiencies relative to survey deficiencies
* Assist in hands on maintenance tasks as needed
* Be available for on call situations as needed
* Ensure proper operation of physical plant
* Ensure proper repair and operation of equipment
* Ensure facilities are in good cosmetic repair
* Maintain good relationships with local fire departments and local governing entities
* Operates snow removal equipment and is required to remove snow/ice
* Perform General Maintenance duties as assigned
* Immediately report resident related care concerns about treatment or abuse to the Department Supervisor as well as the Executive Director of the facility
* Interact with Team Members, Residents, and Guests in a courteous and professional manner
* Be accountable for all information in the Team Member Handbook
* Maintain confidentiality of resident, Team Member, family and facility information
* Understand and upholds Resident Rights
* Follow each Residents Plan of Care
* Follow oral and written instructions for all duties assigned and performed in an effective, timely and professional manner
* Complete assigned tasks in accordance with organization, facility, and department procedures
* Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Use supplies in an efficient and cost effective manner
* Ensure equipment is treated with proper care and is used only for the purposes and in accordance for which it was designed to be used for
* Follow facility reporting guidelines for any equipment that is not functioning properly or is need of repair
* Use Infection control practices, including Standard Precautions, to prevent the spread of diseases
* Maintain cleanliness of work area
* Perform preventative and corrective maintenance tasks, as directed
* Complete all documentation per facility protocol and Standards of Practice
* Follow all IT protocols, including submission of Sysaids, for all technology related issues
* Answer call bells and assist as able
Associated topics: administrative assistant, administrative officer, administrative staff, document, facilities, front desk, front office, operational assistant, operational support, operations director
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.